Conveniently located self catering, air conditioned, 1 bedroom apartment with Wi-Fi, sleeps 4 people, with 2 swimming pools Colina Da Braganza The Colonia De Braganza is at a superb point within Calangute as it is just minutes from shops, restaurants, bike/car hire. The apartment is on the 3rd floor pool facing and boasts 2 balconies, a living area, a small kitchen and a bedroom with an attached bathroom, The convenient location of this resort makes this a popular choice.
The Colonia De Braganza is situated well within the centre of Calangute near to restaurants, bars and the beach is only a 7-10 minutes walk away.
The complex itself is tucked away and retains a peaceful ambience. It boasts two swimming pools, a large main pool near the bar/restaurant area, and a more tranquil secluded smaller pool, both are very well maintained. The outdoor sheltered bar/restaurant area is open from breakfast till late. Just outside you will find Calangute Central market selling fresh fish, fruit and vegetables. There is also a local street market every Saturday morning.
The Colonia De Braganza is at a superb point within Calangute. The complex itself is tucked away and retains a peaceful ambience, but with shops and bars within 200 metres and the beach only 7-10 mins walk away.The apartment is generally one of the slightly more peaceful spots within the overall complex.
- linens provided (changed weekly)
- the accommodation will sleep up to 4 guests (2 + 2)
- for short term stays the accommodation can accommodate;
- 2 extra guests using;
- 1 x sofa bed
This bedroom has large doors leading to a front facing balcony with the bathroom leading off.
- king size bed
- night tables
- bed linen
- air conditioning
- sleeps 2 occupants
The room is a combined living and sleeping area with seating for 3 people. It is very light and breezy. It has large french doors that lead out onto the front balcony, where you can sip those gin & tonics in the evening.
- sofa bed
- lounge seats 3 people comfortably
- ceiling fan
- satellite TV
- coffee table
- table and chairs
- high speed Wi-Fi
The kitchen is suitable for the preparation of snacks and simple meals
- cooking hob
- electric kettle
- crockery & cutlery
- iron and ironing board
- 1 bathroom
- towels provided (changed weekly)
- complimentary soap/shampoo & toilet rolls on arrival
You can enjoy a hot water shower in the bathroom with plenty of space to move around as the bathroom is a wet room style. There is a western toilet and hand basin
- ensuite (shower no bath)
- hot water provided via a geyser
- air conditioning (bedroom only)
- smoking on balconies only
- free weekly cleaning
- house cleaning optional
- late check out available
- separate entry
- safe box
- first aid kits
- early check-in available (if available small charge)
- late check outs (if available small charge)
- essentials on arrival (toilet rolls, soap, shampoo, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, water)
- daily cleaning available (if available small charge)
The pool and restaurant is at the heart of this resort go outside into calangute and there are 100s of shops and restaurants within a stones throw.
- 2 balconies
- balcony chairs
- external lighting
- security guard
- 24 hour security
- 2 x communal pools
- gated complex
- local groceries
- local hospital
- there are limited spaces within the resort
- car not necessary
- serviced apartment
- entire place set up for guests
- family / child friendly
- suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- distance to Calangute beach 500 meters
- distance to nearest restaurant 50 meters
- distance to nearest bar 50 meters
Check-in times are from 14:00 to 22:00
- with prior arrangement by email, where possible, we will accommodate early check-ins, we will do our best but you need to let us know beforehand, without any promises!
- a (small charge applicable) please contact us in advance for information
- I give my guests space but I am available if needed
- after check in guests will get full access to all the accommodation
- all resort facilities
- communal swimming pool
- full access to the high speed Wi-Fi
- I give my guests space but I am available if needed
- we will once the deposit is paid, send you welcome and check in details and request you to complete Registration. (Compulsory Registration is required, this is Indian Law) for the property and provide us with arrival details, so we can arrange to meet you / hand over keys
- we are just a phone message away if problems arise
- we can arrange your transfer from the Airport/Rail Station/Bus station payable directly to the taxi driver (using the published rates)
- we are here in Goa to be of assistance to you during your stay
- we can help arrange, your transfer from the Airport/Rail Station/Bus station payable directly to the taxi driver (using the published rates)
- the property is self check in, all details will be sent to you prior to checkin via email
- we will provide for guests staying longer than 7 days, a weekly clean & linen change that is included in the price
Other Things To Note
Please note that this is self catering accommodation. As such if you are looking for services of starred hotels then this may not be the right choice for you as you don't get daily housekeeping included nor any room service as in hotels. Daily housekeeping can be made available at an extra cost but there is no room service.
Please be sure about your comfort level with all this before making a booking. If you are not sure then discuss it first before booking.
Daily housekeeping can be made available at an extra cost but there is no room service.
Linen is changed only once mid week for those booking for 1 week or more. For bookings for 3 to 4 days - no change of linen or towels is done. However, if it is required then the same can be provided for an extra charge. We repeatedly are asked why cleaning is not included. Please understand that this is a self catering apartment and many guests do not like to pay for the extra cleaning. They are happy doing it themselves.
Please email and arrange with us before your check-in so we can arrange this cover, if you require it.
Complimentary toiletries, tea bags, coffee, water etc. are provided only for the check in day so that the guests do not have to go out to buy these things immediately on arrival. After that you have to arrange it yourself.
We offer excellent coordination, and assistance in terms of booking and otherwise. With a keen emphasis on comfort we score high on cleanliness and assistance of any sort.
Calangute is Goa's flagship beach and it plays an irreplaceable role in the state's tourism sweepstakes. Stretching over an expanse of seven kilometres, Calangute beach is known by the sobriquet the 'Queen of Beaches' for its pre-eminence among the scenic beaches that dot the Goan landscape.
Due to its extreme popularity, Calangute beach beckons tourists and backpackers from all over the world and can be quite busy at times especially peak season. Wherever you stay in Calangute you are not more than a few minutes’ walk away from good quality restaurants that sell affordable and great value food to tempt all. All Indian, Chinese and Europeans foods are generally catered for.
Calangute beach offers an opportunity to enjoy a great time with involvement in the water sport activities along the beach including paragliding, boat trips, wakeboarding, windsurfing, kitesurfing, or take a ride on a jet ski. Dolphin spotting trips and island trips are on offer and there is plenty of scope for bird watching. Yoga classes are very popular. Fishing trips can also be arranged. Fine dining restaurants, along with a pulsating nightlife.
However, many people are simply content lazing on the sun lounges in front of the beach shacks all day and feasting on a steady supply of food, beer, and cocktails. Beach shacks are dotted all over Calangute beach. The shacks offer, evening entertainment and night BBQs are available on the beach after dark.
It is the perfect tourist haven, completed with shacks and stalls under the shade of palm trees selling everything from fried prawns and beer, to trinkets made of seashells.
The nightlife is surprisingly tame and provides a nice break from the wild parties at Anjuna. All but a handful of the bars wind up by 10.00 pm. One notable exception is Tito's at the Baga end of the beach, which stays open until after midnight in the off-season and into the small hours of the morning in late December and January.
There are several markets close to Calangute , the Wednesday flea market at Anjuna Beach and two Saturday night markets at Arpora, and will satisfy even the best shopaholics.
Most people in Calangute walk as everything is within close proximity. However, car and bike hire is readily available. There are also many taxis to take you on those famous Goa trips. Less than 10 minutes’ walk to Calangute, white and sandy beach which, has a large selection of beach shacks offering excellent value for money food and drinks. Water sports, fishing and boat trips are available nearby. Calangute is buzzing with life. You don't have to walk for more than a few minutes before you get to a shop, a bar, a restaurant. The beach is also right there on your doorstep so you have beach shacks to visit also. Night-time on Holiday street is alive with lights, entertainers, street sellers. The perfect recipe for a great holiday.